Transcend's Warranty Policy includes Warranty Terms and Conditions and Warranty Periods. Please read them with care.
All Transcend Information, Inc. ("Transcend") products are warranted and tested to be free from defects in material and workmanship and to conform to the published specifications. During the warranty period, should your Transcend product(s) fail under normal use in the recommended environment due to improper workmanship or materials, Transcend will provide warranty service pursuant to the following terms and conditions (the “Warranty Service”).
Transcend may update the terms and conditions of this Warranty Service from time to time. Please refer to the latest version published on this website for your Transcend Product.
Warranty Period and Service
- Your Transcend product is covered by limited Warranty Service under the specified warranty period starting from the original purchase date.
- Your Transcend product is covered by limited Lifetime Warranty Service starting from the original purchase date until the end of the product life cycle*. (Determined by Transcend)
- Proof of the original purchase date is required for this Warranty Service.
- Transcend will inspect the Transcend product and in its sole discretion repair or replace it with a new or a refurbished product. Transcend may also provide a functionally equivalent replacement, or refund or credit the current value of the Transcend product at the time the warranty claim is made. The decision made by Transcend shall be final and binding upon you.
- Transcend may refuse to provide inspection, repair or replacement service for Transcend products that are out of this Warranty Service, and will charge fees if still exceptionally adopt this Warranty Service.
- The new, refurbished or functionally equivalent product provided by Transcend under the Warranty Service will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period.
* Transcend’s EOL (End-of-Life) Products
- This Warranty Service only applies to the Transcend product itself, and excludes the Additional Parts unless otherwise regulated. “Additional Parts” shall mean the application kits included with the Transcend product and not independently sold by Transcend, such as card adapters, cables, earphones, power adapters, remote controls, integrated LCD panels, and rechargeable batteries.
- For any software or digital content used in conjunction with the Transcend product, or its updated/upgraded version thereof, whether it is in disc, downloadable, or preloaded form, its installation, usage, removal, or compatibility issue is not covered under this Warranty Service.
- Transcend does not provide services of installing or testing the Transcend product on, or removing it from, other devices. The aforementioned services are also not a part of the warranty service.
- This Warranty Service does not apply to any inaccessible or lost data or any Transcend product failure caused by any force majeure event, accident, abuse, mishandling or improper usage (including the use contrary to the product description or instructions, outside the scope of the product's intended use, for tooling or testing purposes, or product modification), alteration of components/accessories, abnormal mechanical or environmental conditions (including prolonged exposure to humidity or extreme temperature), acts of nature, improper installation (including connection to incompatible equipment), problems with electrical power (including undervoltage, overvoltage, power supply instability, or lithium battery being charged for too long), abnormal internet connection or other similar factors.
- Damage or alteration to warranty, quality or authenticity stickers, product serial number, electronic code or otherwise, unauthorized repair or modification, any physical damage to the Transcend product or unauthorized opening of or tampering with the Transcend product casing will also void this Warranty Service.
- This Warranty Service shall not apply to the transferees of the Transcend products and/or anyone who stands to profit from this Warranty Service without Transcend's prior written authorization.
- WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU REGULARLY BACK UP ALL DATA FROM THE TRANSCEND PRODUCT. TRANSCEND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED ON THE FAILED TRANSCEND PRODUCT AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA RECOVERY, BACKUP, OR ANY CHARGE(S) ARISING THEREFROM.
- TRANSCEND SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFECT, DAMAGE OR DATA LOST ARISING FROM THE DELIVERY FOR REPAIR/REPLACEMENT.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TRANSCEND DISCLAIMS ANY INFRINGEMENT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, LOST BUSINESS INVESTMENTS, LOST GOODWILL, OR DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF LOST PASSWORDS OR DATA. TRANSCEND SHALL ALSO NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FAILURE OF ANY THIRD PARTY EQUIPMENT, EVEN IF TRANSCEND HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY.
- TRANSCEND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY ARISING FROM THE TRANSCEND PRODUCT BEING USED IN A SITUATION WHICH PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH IS LIKELY TO OCCUR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MEDICAL OR MEDICAL-RELATED EQUIPMENT, MILITARY OR MILITARY-RELATED EQUIPMENT, TRAFFIC CONTROL EQUIPMENT, AIRCRAFT, NUCLEAR ENERGY SYSTEM, CONBUSTION CONTROL SYSTEM, AND DISASTER PREVENTION SYSTEMS.
- For compatibility or performance improvement purposes, product specifications and/or appearance may occasionally change without notice.
- THIS WARRANTY SERVICE CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND TRANSCEND AND SUPERSEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. TRANSCEND MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WHETHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIEDLY.
- ALL WARRANTIES MADE BY TRANSCEND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH BELOW.
- SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Transcend may access the data and information stored in the Transcend product (the "Client Information") and may be aware of the content thereof during the process of performing this Warranty Service. Transcend hereby agrees that Transcend will not disclose any Client Information to any third parties without your prior written consent, except Transcend's employees who need to access the Client Information for the purpose of providing this Warranty Service to you.
- If your Transcend product fails during the warranty period, you may contact the retailers or distributors authorized by Transcend for this Warranty Service.
- The failure of your Transcend product is covered by this Warranty Service under the specified warranty period starting from the original purchase date. Proof of the original purchase date is required for this Warranty Service, such as the Transcend warranty card, invoice or credit card receipt. If Transcend still exceptionally decides to adopt this Warranty Service even if the customer fails provide proof of the original purchase date, the warranty period of the Transcend product in question shall be determined pursuant to the product serial number.
- The warranty card accompanied with the Transcend product should be filled out in details and stamped by the retailers or distributors. The warranty, quality or authenticity stickers of the Transcend product should be complete and not damaged and/or altered. Warranty card without full information and retailers’ or distributor's stamp, or any damage or alteration to the warranty, quality or authenticity stickers will void this Warranty Service.
- If you are returning an item(s) listed below, please ensure you pack all necessary accessories with the RMA item before shipping it back to us.
*Memory module kits must be returned as a complete set. Single piece returns will be rejected.
||Personal Cloud Storage
USB 3.0 Hub
|Car Video Recorders
|Accessories to be returned with the product(s)
- A power adapter
- A remote controller
- A power adapter
- A rubber case
- A thunderbolt cable
- A power adapter
- A microSD card
- An enclosure
(including an adapter)
Please see Transcend's specific Limited Warranty Policy for Australia.
Steps to a Smooth Product Return
Please follow the applicable instructions below to begin your RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) process.
For end users to return product
Please follow the return policy of the original seller.
If you need further support, please contact your local Transcend branch.
For distributor or retailer to return product
- You will obtain the credit, replacement, or repaired products if the returned Transcend products are covered by the Warranty Service. Please contact your sales representative through e-mail, and provide the Part number, quantity, and the reason in the e-mail. An RMA number will be issued once the request is confirmed.
- RMA numbers are important! When you return Transcend products to us, you must write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the package for all Transcend Products returned under RMA applications. The returned Transcend products should arrive at Transcend’s facility within 14 days of the date Transcend issues the RMA number.
- Transcend will go through the standard protocol of inspection upon receipt of your returned items.
If the items are returned through the postal service, you are required to provide prepaid freight and insurance. Please be aware that Transcend is not responsible for items being lost or damaged during the shipping process. Transcend strongly suggests that you send the item by using boxes or bubble wrapped envelope.
Updated on June, 2020